This is a rather newsy post to get you up to speed with everything that’s been going on here. It’s been all go!
- Thesis – My thesis was submitted on Friday in electronic, softbound & hardbound versions and my degree has now been conferred. It’ll be formally conferred on the 25th June when I graduate with my doctorate; however, I am now officially Dr Amy Palko. If you are interested in reading my thesis, it is available here.
- Location Independent – Lea Woodward has asked me to be the resident photographer for Location Independent, so you’ll be seeing a lot more of my photos over there. On top of that, she has interviews up with me and the other team leaders talking about the concept of Location Independent & our experience of it. I thoroughly recommend you click through for a read, as there are some really interesting views on living a life location independent.
- The Calm Space – My photo for the month of June is available as a desktop download from The Breathing Space now. In addition to this, however, Karen Wallace has also asked me if I would like to write for The Calm Space too, so as from this month you can find me in The Nature Space. My first post there is called Waves of Kindness and looks at the difficult period post-submission of a phd thesis.
- RedBubble – In other photography news, I have added some new images to my RedBubble shop and I have been selling some prints. Please do go and have a look at them and let me know what you think!
- Landing Tweets Project – Lastly, the weekend was the deadline for participating in the Landing Tweets group writing project. So if you managed to put together a landing page over the month of May, or you reworked the one you already had, please do add a comment here. I will be collating all the entries in a post later this week!
Right, I think that’s everything for just now. Would you like to share some of your news?
Congratulations Dr Amy Palko! I am so thrilled for you that you have finally realised this huge goal and achievement. I know it’s been a long road, but hopefully worthwhile – even simply for the sense of accomplishment and a job well done. Hooray!
I’m also so excited to have you not only as ‘photographer extraordinaire’ but also as writer at The Calm Space – we’re thrilled to have you join us, you really compliment our team and your first contribution is stunning.
Thank you and congratulations once again.
Congratulations Dr Amy Palko!
And what a bundle of energy you are – it is very motivating to read that – thanks for sharing!
Exciting times for you, Dr. Amy! I love the fact that your writing AND your photography are being recognized.
In my life…I’ll be retiring on the same date that your degree is conferred. New horizons for both of us!
So… not all that much is happening, eh, Amy? 😀
Sheesh – made me tired just reading about all the wonderful things you’re up to. Congratulations again on the Doc!
As for me – I’m publishing my book Real Soon Now. I plan to have a paperback, ebook and hard-cover edition ready for sale within the next few weeks (if the sun keeps shinin’ and the creek don’t rise!)
Tip o’ the hat to ya!
Hi Dr. Amy Palko,
What a great achievement and obviously there is no downtime before you reach for your next objective! Good work, best of luck.
Huge achievement – well done! Let’s celebrate with a coffee soon.
I’m the ” Eve” who commented on Gala Darling ‘s post about Sarah Kane, so I thought I might as well drop by and say “hi!”. Thanks for offering to help me with the exam, but I’m afraid there’s not much time left to really delve into the subject with you 🙂 Nevertheless, I would love to discuss literature with you and will start following your blog now . I’ve downloaded your thesis and will surely read it when my own exams are over. Congratulations with the “DR.” (you can now add it to all your stationery (I know I would!) Best of luck!